Thursday 19 November 2009

Christmas-1st Corinthians 13 Style

Christmas-1st Corinthians 13 Style
  • If I decorate my house perfectly with bows,strands of twinkling lights and shiny baubles, but do not show love to my family, I'm just another decorator.
  • If I slave away in the kitchen, baking dozens of Christmas biscuits, preparing gourmet meals and arranging a beautifully adorned table at mealtimes, but do not show love to my family, I'm just another cook.
  •  If I decorate the Christmas tree with shimmering angels and crocheted snowflakes, attend a myriad of holiday parties and sing in the choir's cantata but do not focus on Christ, I have missed the point.
  • Love stops the cooking to hug the child.
  • Love sets aside the decorating to kiss the husband or wife.

  • Love is kind, though harried and tired.
  •  Love doesn't envy another's home that has co-ordinated Christmas china and table cloths.
  •  Love doesn't yell at the children to get out of the way.
  • Love doesn't give only to those who are able to give in return but rejoices in giving to those who can't.
  • Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
  • Love never fails. Video games will break, pearl necklaces will be lost, golf clubs will rust.
But giving the gift of God's love will endure.

No comments:

Post a Comment