Monday, 30 November 2009
Monday, 23 November 2009
Thursday, 19 November 2009
- If I decorate my house perfectly with bows,strands of twinkling lights and shiny baubles, but do not show love to my family, I'm just another decorator.
- If I slave away in the kitchen, baking dozens of Christmas biscuits, preparing gourmet meals and arranging a beautifully adorned table at mealtimes, but do not show love to my family, I'm just another cook.
- If I decorate the Christmas tree with shimmering angels and crocheted snowflakes, attend a myriad of holiday parties and sing in the choir's cantata but do not focus on Christ, I have missed the point.
- Love stops the cooking to hug the child.
- Love sets aside the decorating to kiss the husband or wife.
- Love is kind, though harried and tired.
- Love doesn't envy another's home that has co-ordinated Christmas china and table cloths.
- Love doesn't yell at the children to get out of the way.
- Love doesn't give only to those who are able to give in return but rejoices in giving to those who can't.
- Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
- Love never fails. Video games will break, pearl necklaces will be lost, golf clubs will rust.
Tuesday, 17 November 2009
Monday, 16 November 2009
An object lesson for children
These lights look great don't they? At Christmas time we sometimes hang lights around a tree or outside our house. Have you ever had Christmas lights at your house?
When I see these light up at Christmas I think 'Oh great Christmas is coming soon'. The lights remind me that Christmas is a special celebration- a celebration everyone can join in. Christmas is Jesus' birthday when we remember when God's Son- Jesus was born at Bethlehem.
(Switch the lights off then on again)
One of the greatest things about these lights is that they help us to see when it's dark.
The Bible calls Jesus the "light of the world". When he grew up he showed God's love and care and that all those people who believe in him will know Jesus light shining in their lives as well and it will never be turned off.
John 8:12: "When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
He is the one that shows us the way to Heaven because He is the only way. We must follow Him.
John 14:6: "Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Thursday, 12 November 2009
Wednesday, 11 November 2009
CHRISTMAS CAROLS FOR THE DISORDERED
1. Schizophrenia --- Do You Hear What I Hear?
2. Multiple Personality Disorder --- We Three Kings Disoriented Are
3. Dementia --- I'm Dreaming of a White...., er a White....
4. Narcissistic --- Hark the Herald Angels Sing About Me
5. Manic --- Deck the Halls and Walls and House and Lawn and Streets and Stores and Office and Town and Cars and Buses and Trucks and Trees and.....
6. Paranoid --- Santa Claus is Coming to Town to Get Me
7. Psychopath --- Thoughts of Roasting on an Open Fire
8. Borderline Personality Disorder --- You Better Watch Out, I'm Gonna Cry, I'm Gonna Pout, Maybe Someday I'll Tell You Why
9. Attention Deficit Disorder --- Silent Night, Holy oooh look at the froggy! - can I have a chocolate - why is France so far away?